The NSW 2011-15 term of government presents an opportunity for political action for a healthier, more resilient environment for the benefit of nature, the NSW economy and our society.
NSW leading environment groups, including the Nature Conservation Council of NSW, National Parks Association, Total Environment Centre, Blue Mountains Conservation Society, Colong Foundation for Wilderness, The Wilderness Society, North Coast Environment Council, Central West Environment Council and the South East Region Conservation Alliance are pleased to present an updated version of Natural Advantage, a 2011-15 NSW agenda for safeguarding the benefits of nature.
Natural Advantage sets out a visionary agenda for positive change. It highlights the broad and enduring public support for action to protect the environment. It calls on the NSW Coalition Government to take action in this term of government to:
1. Cut greenhouse pollution.
2. Invest in the benefits of nature.
3. Move out of native forest logging.
4. Restore long-term health to our rivers, wetlands and catchments.
5. Expand marine sanctuaries in poorly protected bioregions.
6. Control pests and weeds to protect the environment and the economy.
7. Pause mining and gas expansion to develop an environmental strategy.
8. Restore balance, integrity and legitimacy to NSW planning.
9. Reduce pollution and waste.
10. Invest in energy and water savings, and expanding public transport.
|NATURAL ADVANTAGE 2011-15 term of govt.pdf||2.85 MB|