The objects for which Transition Newcastle exists are:
1. To facilitate Newcastle’s transition to a low energy use future, and build a more resilient, vibrant, connected and richer community.
2. To raise awareness of the convergence of Peak Oil and Climate Change crises among the people of Newcastle and the Hunter;
3. To research issues concerning the impacts of Oil depletion on our society and to publicize relevant issues and facts as widely as possible in all media;
4. To conduct advocacy on strategies to reduce our dependence on Oil and reduce our CO2 emissions,
amongst government, politicians, business and industry;
5. To work with like-minded organisations and/or campaigns dealing with Climate Change and Peak Oil issues and other environmental issues and their solutions;
6. To operate as a non-profit community organization in furtherance of the above objects.
7. To carry out the afore mentioned in keeping with the UN Declaration of Human Rights.