The Nature Conservation Council of NSW is a non-profit, non-government organisation. Established in 1955, we are the peak environment body in NSW representing more than 100 community environment groups. We have a strong reputation for leading effective action and influencing the direction of environment protection in NSW.
What we do
Funds donated to the Nature Conservation Council of NSW are used to support the following key areas of our work:
Our work with the community has been instrumental in creating new national parks and marine parks, helping households become more water and energy efficient, saving urban bushland and making NSW more ecologically sustainable.
Our environmental education program builds on the skills and capacities of community environment groups.
Our reputation as a democratic, representative organisation allows us to have input into legislation and government decisions on behalf of our member groups and the environment.
You can help
We can't do it without you!
The Nature Conservation Council depends on you to fund our campaign work.
Your donation will allow us to:
- react quickly to new threats to our precious environment
- fund our essential campaigns and projects
- provide invaluable scientific information and advice to local communities, industry and government
- conserve and promote our state's unique natural environment for generations to come.
Examples of our current work include:
- helping people take action in their home and their community to reduce carbon pollution
- promoting the benefits of marine sanctuaries and sustainable fisheries management
- coordinating and supporting community advocacy for a clean energy future
- campaigning for improved regulation of illegal logging and building support for the transition from native forest logging to a plantation-based timber industry
- advocating for the NSW planning reform to deliver improved environmental outcomes, transparency, public participation and accountability
- helping to shape the way we manage fire for nature and people.
Remember all donations over $2 are tax deductible.